The Melbourne Graduate School of Education at the University of Melbourne is at the forefront of 3a strategy Australia-wide and offers three levels of 3a training delivered by MGSE specialists. We can also customise 3a training for organisation-wide delivery
15 - 17 June 2020
18 June 2020
19 June 2020
Certification3a Practitioner, Affiliate Trainer and Coach participants receive 12 month’s 3a certification after completing the program, passing a knowledge test and paying a certification fee. Read more about certifcations in the FAQs.
What training covers…
- You will learn about how the Abecedarian Approach was developed, what’s known about early learning and what the research tells us.
- We will take you through the Approach, and introduce you to the four key elements: Language Priority, Conversational Reading, Learning Games and Enriched Caregiving.
- We’ll finish by giving you practical tips for implementing 3a into your program, including:
- considering the Abecedarian strategies that might work for you when implementing in your setting
- working with you to plan how you will partner with families for best effect
- deciding how to mentor and supervise your team during implementation and as the continue to deliver the Approach
- record keeping.
- Abecedarian participants had significantly more years of education by age 30 (13.46 years) than individuals in the control group (12.31 years).
- Almost four times as many individuals in the treatment group (23%) compared to the control group (6%) had graduated from a four-year university degree.
- As adults, Abecedarian participants were significantly less likely to develop hypertension and be affected by obesity.
Who should attend
The training is suitable for early childhood teachers, educators, playgroup leaders, students, maternal and child health nurses, centre coordinators and leaders, and government and system level personnel.
What is included
Attendees have access to an extensive range of materials, including: 3a educator booklets, the 3a manual, workshop packs, implementation records, planning frameworks and checklists. You will also get online access to the secure 3a resource website for 12 months.
On the completion of training, you will be certified to your level of training for 12 months, subject to you passing a knowledge test and paying a certification fee.
We provide catering.